It is a pleasure to inform you that the new version of the Lucene library has been released. It is the next release from the 8.x branch and it is numbered 8.10.0.
Some of the changes included in the Lucene 8.10.0:
- Tokenizer and analyzer for Telugu language was added.
- QueryProfilerIndexSearcher and ProfilerCollector classes were added for debugging query timing and strategy execution.
- The setMaxMergeAtOnceExplicit method of the TieredMergePolicy class is now marked as deprecated and will be removed in the later library versions.
- The BEST_SPEED stored fields compression now uses a slightly better compression.
- IndexWriter ram buffer usage was improved especially for indexing fields with multiple fields or when using multiple threads.
Full list of changes can be found at https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_10_0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Lucene library 8.10.0 can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java.