It is a pleasure to inform you that the new version of the Solr search server has been released. It is the next release from the 8.x branch and it is numbered 8.10.0.
Some of the changes included in the Solr 8.10.0:
- New shards.preference option to allow choosing replicas based on their leader status.
- Schema Designer UI was introduced.
- Admin UI got features related to security such as user management, user roles and permissions.
- Various improvements related to handling SQL queries for the Parallel SQL functionality.
- Performance of the default Prometheus Exporter configuration was improved.
You can read the full list of changes at: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_10_0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Solr 8.10.0 can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr.