Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbred 4.3. This is a next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made comparing to the 4.2 version:
- Major improvement to BooleanQuery using the minShoudlMatch option
- SortingAtomicReader was added, which allows sorting the index on a certain criteria
- SortingMergePolicy was added, which allows sorting documents before a new segment will be created
- DocIdSetIterator and Scorer classes enables to set the maximum documents that an iterator should match
- Known bugfixes and improvements
- Ability to configure Solr to automatically discover cores (from a certain directory) without the need of maintaining solr.xml file
- We can split shards in a SolrCloud deployment on a live collection ! (http://solr.pl/en/2013/05/06/solr-4-3-shard-splitting-quick-look/)
- Functionality behind schema.xml REST API has been improved and is being ready to allow schema.xml changes with the use of REST API
- Support for new solr.xml format that will replace the current solr.xml format in the 5.0 version of Solr
- Enchantments that comes with Apache Lucene 4.3
Apache Lucene 4.3 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.3 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 4.3 version of Lucene and Solr.