Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbred 3.6. When comparing to the 3.5 there were some major changes introduced about which you can read in the rest of the post.
Some of the changes in version 3.6 compared to 3.5:
- Full Java 7 support (from first update)
- New phonetic encoders were added
- CJKBigramFilter and CJKWidthFilter replace the CJKTokenizer
- QueryParser will now interpret ‘*’ character as open and in range queries
- CheckIndex and IndexUpgrader lets you specify Directory implementation
- FieldValueFilter was added, which allows to filter documents that doesn’t have defined fields
- New query time join was added (less performant than index time joins)
- New SolrJ client was added (based on Apache HTTP Components)
- Range faceting for dates and number supports distributed search
- HTMLStripCharFilter was implemented from scrach which result in increased performance
- StreamingUpdateSolrServer supports Javabin format now
- New cache type was added – LFUCache
The full list of changes in Apache Lucene 3.6 is available at the following URL address: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote36. The full list of changes in Apache Solr 3.6 can be found at the following URL address: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote36.
Apache Lucene 3.6 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 3.6 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.6 version of Lucene and Solr.
Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.6 version of Lucene and Solr.
It is probable that the 3.6 version is the last release from the 3.x branch.