Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbred 3.5. When comparing to the 3.4 there were some major changes introduced about which you can read in the rest of the post.
Some of the changes in version 3.5 compared to 3.4:
- Substantial reduction of memory needed to hold term dictionary
- Deep paging support by adding searchAfter method to the IndexSearcher class
- Added SearchManager which simplifies sharing and opening IndexSearcher in multithreaded environment
- IndexWriter optimize method was renamed to forceMerge to sound less cool
- IndexSearcher reopen method was renamed to openIfChanged which now return null if the index wasn’t changed
- Added SearchLifetimeManager which simplifies usage of the same instance of searcher between multiple requests
- Ability to use grouping functionality with distributed search
- Language identification contrib module which use Apache Tika
- Trie field types and dates support sortMissingFirst and sortMissingLast attributes
- Changes from Apache Lucene 3.5 library, for example substantial reduction of memory needed for term dictionary
The full list of changes in Apache Lucene 3.5 is available at the following URL address: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote35. The full list of changes in Apache Solr 3.5 can be found at the following URL address: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote35.
Apache Lucene 3.5 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 3.5 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.5 version of Lucene and Solr.
Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.5 version of Lucene and Solr.
This post is also available in: Polish