Today, we can enjoy another version of Lucene and Solr – release numbered 3.4. In the newest version there are a few functionalities worth looking at.
- Fixes a bug that could lead to index corruption in case of hardware failure
- Added faceting module (contrib/facet)
- Added join module that enables to index and query for nested documents (contrib/join)
- Added multi-word synonym filter that can be used while indexing and searching
- When using results grouping, facetingcan now be applied per group
- You can now use NIOFSDirectory
- queryCache and filterCache can be now disabled per request
- SynonymFilter performance and memory usage was improved
- Using hl.phraseLimit improves FastVectorHighlighting performance
- Bug fixes and improvements from Lucene 3.4
The newest version of Lucene library can be found at the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. The newest version of Solr search engine can be found at the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 3.4 version of Lucene and Solr.