It is an extreme pleasure to inform you that a new version of the Apache Lucene library been released. It is the next major release – please welcome Lucene 9.0.
Some of the changes included in the Apache Lucene 9.0:
- From now on Apache Lucene requires at least Java 11
- File format was modified to use little-endian instead of big-endian
- Apache Lucene no longer has split packages
- Extreme performance changes when sorting on fields indexed with points
- 10 to 15% faster indexing for fields using multi-dimensional fields
- New analyzers, like Snowball 2 which result in support for languages like Serbian and Nepali
- Support for multi-dimensional numeric vectors to perform nearest-neighbor search
You can read the full list of changes at: https://lucene.apache.org/core/9_0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Lucene 9.0 can be downloaded from https://dlcdn.apache.org/lucene/java/.