It is a pleasure to inform you that the new version of the Solr search server has been released. It is the next release from the 8.x branch and it is numbered 8.9.0.
Some of the changes included in the Solr 8.9.0:
- OOM killer script is now enabled in Solr foreground, which simplifies getting heap dumps on out of memory
- Jetty upgrade to 9.4.41
- Added update.partial.requireInPlace=true that prevents any updates that can’t be done in-place
- SolrCloud backups can now be restored to compatible collections instead of requiring new collection every time
- Solr backups will now support an incremental mode
- Improved Grafana dashboard for Prometheus Exporter and inclusion of Zookeeper status
- New contrib module allowing to store and retrieve backups from Google Cloud Storage
You can read the full list of changes at: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_9_0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Solr 8.9.0 can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr.