It is a pleasure to inform that the new version of the Lucene library and Solr search server has been released. It is the next release from the 8.x branch and it is numbered 8.4.0. This release introduces fixes for the bugs found in the previous versions along with new features.
Some of the changes that are introduced to Lucene include:
- LatLonShape now supports contains relation,
- LRUQueryCache has new heuristic which aims to help with latency when using this cache implementation,
- Reading DocValues can be interrupted when timeout is exceeded.
Some of the changes that are introduced to Solr include:
- A package management system for installation and management of Solr plugins has been added,
- Analytical component now supports the timeAllowed property.
The full list of changes in the Apache Lucene library is available at: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/ReleaseNote84, full list of changes in the Solr search engine is available at: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/ReleaseNote84.
Apache Lucene library 8.4.0 can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java. If you want to download Solr search server 8.4.0 go to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr.