It is a pleasure to inform that the new version of Lucene library and Solr search server has been released. It is another release from the 6.x branch and it is numbered 6.3. Release fixes a few bugs found in the earlier version of Lucene and Solr and brings new functionalities as well.
Example changes in the Lucene library:
- New UnifiedHighlighter has been introduced that can use offsets from postings list, term vectors or analysis,
- SimpleQueryParser parses * as MatchAllDocsQuery now.
Example changes in Solr search engine:
- Solr INFO level logging verbosity has been reduced,
- DELETEREPLICA Collection API command now accepts count parameter and is able to delete appropriate replicas,
- Parallel SQL engine supports >, >=, <, <=, <> and != syntax,
- New ExecutorStream has been added to execute stored streaming expressions,
- When collection is created replicas won’t be put into recovery mode,
- New method=dvhash can be used for JSON Facet API for high cardinality fields.
Full list of changes can be found at the following URL: http://www-eu.apache.org/dist/lucene/java/6.3.0/changes/Changes.html and http://www-eu.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/6.3.0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Lucene library 6.3 can be downloaded from: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. If you want to download Solr search server 6.3 go to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/.