A few minutes ago we’ve read the announcemnt that the new version of Lucene library and Solr search server has been released. It is another release from the 5.x branch and it is numbered 5.1. This release is definatelly worth checking, espesially for Solr users, because there are numerous changes ported from HeliosSearch.
Some of the changes included in the Lucene library:
- Added -fast option for CheckIndex functionality
- NRT document suggester has been added
- Spatial 2d heatmap faceting for PrefixTreeStrategy
- Added DiversifiedTopDocsCollector allowing collecting no more than a defined number of results with a given key
- Various optimizations and bug fixes
Some of the changes in the Solr search server:
- JSON facets API extending standard faceting module and expanding Solr data analysis capabilities
- JSON request API allowing passing parameters in request body as JSON payload
- Ability to generate 2-D heat-maps using faceting
- Ability to upload jar files to Solr using API
- Percentiles in StatsComponent
- Streaming Aggregations allowing efficient, large results analysis
- Changes incorporated from Lucene 5.1
The full list of changes in Lucene library is available at http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_1_0/changes/Changes.html
. Full list of changes in Solr search server is available at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote51.
Apache Lucene library 5.1 can be downloaded from: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. If you want to download Solr search server 5.1 go to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/.