Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbered 4.6. This is a next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made comparing to the 4.5.1:
- Support for updating fields using NumericDocValues through updateNumericDocValue method of IndexWriter
- A new FreeTextSuggester
- A new DirectDocValuesFormat allowing to hold doc values as uncompressed Java arrays on heap
- Various bugfixes and optimization since 4.5.1
- Improvements to shard splitting functionality (more about shard splitting)
- New CollapsingQParserPlugin for efficient field collapsing useful for high cardinality fields
- SolrJ API for collections management
- New EnumField type
- Optimizations and bugfixes from Lucene 4.6
Apache Lucene 4.6 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.6 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 4.6 version of Lucene and Solr.
This post is also available in: Polish