Today Apache Lucene and Solr PMC announced another version of Apache Lucene library and Apache Solr search server numbered 4.5. This is a next release continuing the 4th version of both Apache Lucene and Apache Solr.
Here are some of the changes that were made comparing to the 4.4:
- Support for missing values in DocValues
- New in-memory DocIdSet implementation
- Known bugfixes and improvements
- Ability do define custom routing, with the possibility to use field value as routing
- Ability to store solr.xml in ZooKeeeper
- Multi-threaded faceting
- CloudSolrServer can now send data directly to shard leader
- Enchantments that comes with Apache Lucene 4.5
Apache Lucene 4.5 library can be downloaded from the following address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. Apache Solr 4.5 can be downloaded at the following URL address: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/. Please remember that the mirrors are just starting to update so not all of them will contain the 4.5 version of Lucene and Solr.
This post is also available in: Polish