With the approaching release date we would like to present a new position for Solr, which will soon (planned release date June 2011) be released on the market – “Solr 3.1 Cookbook“. Of course we are proud to say, that the book is written by one of us 😉
The book is focused on the latest available version of Solr server – the 3.1. The content is divided into ten thematic chapters, each of which consists of a few to several subsections. The book is maintained in the convention cookbook which means that it is not a guide from A to Z about Solr – it is a ready-made solutions to some of the problems that can be encountered while working with Solr.
The book will include topics such as:
- Indexing the data in different formats and forms
- Using and understanding the administration panel
- Different techniques of data grouping
- Solr performance lifting techniques
- Creation of your own Solr modules
- Indexing the data using the Data Import Handler
- The use of phrases, sorting and spatial searching
If you are interested, please refer to the Packt Publishing page: http://www.packtpub.com/solr-3-1-enterprise-search-server-cookbook/book.