Because Polish language analysis functionality is present in Lucene (and Solr) for some time I decided to take a look and compare it on the basis of upcoming Lucene and Solr 4.0.
The next functionality I decided to look at, from the upcoming Solr 4.0, is the so called “Realtime Get”. It allows you to see the data even though it was not yet added to the index, thus before the commit operation being sent to Solr. Let’s see how it works.
In todays entry we will look at the next feature that will come with version 4.0 of Apache Solr. We will look at the functionality which enables us to modify the fields in Solr result list.
In connection with the work of slowly upcoming release of Apache Solr version 4.0 I thought that it is time to bring some light on the functionalities that you will get into your own hands with the release of Apache Solr 4.0. The first change we will look at is a simple, but albeit useful [...]
A few months ago (here) we looked at filterCache. I’ve decided to update the optimization topic and take a look at the documentCache.
After the release of Solr 3.1 I decided to look into the extended list of formats through which we can update the indexes. Until now we had a choice of three kinds of formats with which we were able to provide data – XML, CSV, and so. called JavaBin. The release of Solr 3.1 introduces [...]
In a large number of implementations which I took part in, sooner or later, the question arise – what can we do to get faceting as a tree structure. Of course there some tricks for that, however, their use was to modify the data and appropriate processing of the results on application side. It was [...]