It is a pleasure to inform that the new version, a first release of 2017, of Lucene library and Solr search server has been released. It is another release from the 6.x branch and it is numbered 6.4. Release fixes a few bugs found in the earlier version of Lucene and Solr and brings new functionalities as well.
Example changes in the Lucene library:
- New similarity called BooleanSimilarity have been introduced that gives terms a score equal to their query boost
- New token filter called SynonymGraphFilter have been introduced for multi-token query time synonyms and token streams produced by that filter is correctly handled by queries
- Index sorting is supported on multi-valued fields
Example changes in Solr search engine:
- Ability to prioritize streaming expressions
- Command line tool to manage snapshot functionality
- Key store for SSL can be specified in solr.in.sh file
- Ability to use the new Unified Highlighter by using hl.method=unified
- Reworked metrics and introduction of Metrics API
- Introduction of maxRamMB to control memory consumed by FastLRUCache
- Introduction of SkipExistingDocumentProcessor for skipping update and indexing of existing documents
- New configuration flag enable, which allows enabling and disabling of any cache type
Full list of changes can be found at the following URL: https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote64 and https://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_4_0/changes/Changes.html.
Apache Lucene library 6.4 can be downloaded from: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. If you want to download Solr search server 6.4 go to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/.